Who are the most known "Marina Antenna" manufacturers?
- Comrod A/S
- Digital Antenna
- Furuno USA
- G.A.M. Electronics
- Glomex Marine Antennas
- KVH Industries
- Metz Communication
What has to be considered if you buy an Marina Antenna?
- Type of antenna (Length)
- Gain of the Antenna (As more the antenna can "roll"on the boat position, as less the gain should be.)
- SWR = Standing wave ratio
What does "GAIN" mean?
- If you have 3 db gain, you can transmit about 1,15 x the height of your antenna
- Gain of the Antenna (As more the antenna can "roll"on the boat position, as less the gain should be.
- Maximum gain is about 9dB
What to do to have a good transmission and receiption
- Keep the antenna and the antenna cable away from flurouscent
- Route the antenna cable at least 1m away from other radio antenna cables, deoth sounder transducers, other antennas
- Use only coaxial cable of good quality, like RG 213 or Aircell 7
- Do not extend cables if you don't need to
- Do not coil coaxial cables, store it in a random jumble or a figure - eight to prevent magnetic anomlies