To improve your results, try using the keyword search on your left. Upon entering a keyword, non-related content will be filtered out automatically.
You may also choose one of the listed questions below:
- Can I use my AIS-Software with easyAIS-IS?
- The "Channel A/B" LED is not flashing.
- The "Channel A/B" LED is flashing but there are no AIS-targets on my screen.
- Can I connect my easyAIS-IS to PC?
- Is there a prescribed installation position for the easyAIS-IS
- Can I connect the easyAIS-IS to my chartplotter?
- 1. Can I use my AIS-Software with easyAIS-IS?
- Yes, only connect your easyAIS-IS to the USB-Port of PC/Laptop. It will emulates a virtual COM-Port. So you can still use your AIS-Software.
- 2. The "Channel A/B" LED is not flashing.
- Take clear if you are in an area with enough AIS-Signals. Test if your antenna-connectors are not bad.
- 3. The "Channel A/B" LED is flashing but there are no AIS-targets on my screen.
- Take clear that you have connect your easyAIS-IS with your PC/Plotter. You can test it by using Hyperterminal from windows. Go to Programms/Accessories/Communication/Hyperterminal. Chosse the right port wherre you have connect cour AIS-IS. Please do following calibration: Bits per Second: 38400; Datenbits: 8; Parität: nothing; Stoppbits: 1; Flusssteuerung: Hardware; Now you should se following NMEA-Data on the screen: !AIVDM,1,1,,A,13u?etPv2;0n:dDPwUM1U1Cb069D,0*24
So you did everything right.
- 4. Can I connect my easyAIS-IS to PC?
- Yes, the easyAIS-IS has an integrated USB-Chip. So you can connect your PC with easyAIS-IS by using the USB-Cable enclosed in package. You also can use the RS232 Interface by using SUB D 9 Female. Only connect the white cable with Pin 2, the green one on Pin 5. You can watch the NMEA-Data on window by using Hyperterminal.
- 5. Is there a prescribed installation position for the easyAIS-IS
- No, installation can be quite arbitrary.
Fins operate more than adequate in any position.
- 6. Can I connect the easyAIS-IS to my chartplotter?
- Yes, that is no problem. But it´s necessary that your chartplotter can use the baudrate of 38400.
You cannot change this as it was possible on easyAIS 2.Gen.
So if you have a chartplotter which only work´s with 4800baud you should take the easyAIS 2.Gen or work with your PC by means of the USB-cable.
Back to top